- This event has passed.
Join Us Onboard! “International Education with Peace Boat”
October 17, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Introducing International Education Programs Onboard Peace Boat Voyages
This fall, the world’s largest passenger ship sailing around the world for peace, sustainability and innovation will visit New York City on October 15-16, as part of Peace Boat’s 95th Global Voyage for Peace.
Registration for this event is open here: International Education with Peace Boat
A special session on “International Education with Peace Boat” will be held onboard the ship as it is docked in Manhattan on October 16, 2017. This will include dynamic presentations, exhibitions, voices from students, professors and more. It will focus on sharing information about experiential learning programs onboard the ship and the positive impact they have on the participants who join our Global Voyages for Peace & Sustainability. Particularly, the unique study program to be held in summer 2018 focusing on “Peace Education and the UN Sustainable Development Goals” onboard the Latin American segment of Peace Boat’s 98th Global Voyage, visiting Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico will be announced. During the event, Peace Boat will also introduce Ecoship, the world’s most sustainable cruise ship planned to sail in 2020 as a flagship for climate action and platform for education programs.
- 1:00: Check-in in terminal begins, ship tours once onboard
- 2:00-4:00: Special information session
- 4:00-4:30: Disembarkation
NOTE: Times are subject to change
- Natalie Jesionka,Associate Director, Division of Global Affairs, Rutgers University
- Dr. Daniel Cantor Yalowitz, Trainer/Consultant, New England Education Collective
- William Bridge & Jeremi Snook, Global Green Voyages
- Emilie McGlone, Director of Peace Boat US
- Rowan Tatai, Rutgers University Student Representative
- Milka Rodriguez, Youth for the SDGs Scholar
- + more
Peace Boat works to promote peace and sustainability around the world through educational programs, offering a unique model which enables you to design your own program as part of a Peace Boat Global Voyage. Programs combine onboard lectures, workshops and seminars with field study programs in ports and cultural exchanges with people from diverse countries and backgrounds. This model offers distinct benefits:
- Multiple Countries, flexible dates and program duration– you may choose the length of your program and which countries to visit along one of the established Global Voyages in coordination with Peace Boat staff members.
- A World Campus– Peace Boat’s ship serves as a floating campus with meeting spaces and teaching facilities to conduct your educational programs. The ship also provides all meals and accommodations as you and your students travel from one country to the next.
- In-Country Excursions– Peace Boat can provide assistance in helping you develop field programs and service projects to complement your course in the countries visited during the voyage.
- A Learning Community– Peace Boat is host to an international learning community which comes together during each voyage to learn about important global issues. This community provides a stimulating intellectual environment which fosters the exchange of ideas from different world perspectives.
- Curriculum Integration– Peace Boat offers more than 30 years of experience in shipboard education to help you design a program that is fully integrated with your curriculum and learning objectives.