- This event has passed.
Towards Vienna: The Role of Education to Further Advance the Discussion on the Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear Weapons
October 20, 2014 @ 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Ban All Nukes Generation, the NGO Committee on Disarmament, Peace and Security, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation,
and Peace Boat invite you to a side event on:
Towards Vienna: The Role of Education to Further Advance the Discussion
on the Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear Weapons
Monday, 20 October, 2014
777 United Nations Plaza, 7th Floor
(corner of 44th St and 1st Ave), New York, NY
Interactive Discussion with:
- Mr. John P. Ennis, UN Office for Disarmament Affairs;
- Ms. Caroline Woergoetter, Disarmament Counsellor of the Permanent Mission of Austria to the Conference on Disarmament;
- Mr. Akira Kawasaki, Executive Committee member of Peace Boat
The discussion will address the following questions:
- What are the lessons learned from educational initiatives and efforts within the context of the humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons?
- What can we accomplish at the Vienna Conference in the context of education?
- How can we achieve those objectives?
Join us for this timely discussion — RSVP: BANg.NYchapter@gmail.com